The information on this page is about commissioning portrait art. If you would like to commission landscape art, I’m open to that too and the process is similar! Please email me for a chat.
I paint and draw portraits in a variety of media and styles. Have a look at my portrait portfolio for some recent examples.
Prices vary depending on the size, style, medium and the level of detail you would like in your portrait. The following prices are intended as a guide. Based on a single subject portrait (head and shoulders/neck of 1 person or pet) on A4 size paper in the following materials:
- Digital painting or illustration – variable but simple sketches from £50
- Pencil sketch on paper – from £50
- Watercolour painting on paper – from £150
- Realistic pencil/graphite drawing on paper – from £150
- Realistic coloured pencil drawing or mixed media on paper – from £175
- Acrylic painting on paper or canvas – from £250
Multiple portraits (i.e. of more than 1 person or pet) and larger sizes will cost more.
Please email me for a no-obligation quote (see ‘How to Commission a Portrait’ below).
- UK delivery is free. Standard delivery within the UK is by Royal Mail Special Delivery (next day before 1pm) and is fully guaranteed to the value of your purchase. Larger or heavier pieces will be sent by courier.
- Please contact me for International Delivery prices.
How to Commission a Portrait
- Contact me with your enquiry. You can either use my Contact Form or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get back to you ASAP. Please include some photos of the subject and tell me what size (A4, A3) and material (pencil, watercolour, acrylic, digital) you would like the portrait in. If there are particular portraits in my portfolio that you like the look of, let me know and it will help me understand what your tastes are!
- I’ll get back to you ASAP – we’ll have a bit more of a discussion by email about your ideas and what you want. I’ll give you an idea of my turnaround time and we’ll agree a price. I require a 20% non-refundable deposit at this stage for which I will email you an invoice (see Payment info below).
- I’ll email you a scan/photo with significant progress and/or when I’m nearly done to make sure you’re happy with the portrait and allow you to request any changes.
- Once you’re happy with the final piece, I’ll send an invoice for the balance by email. If you prefer to pay by instalments, please let me know. Once full payment has been received, I’ll package and post your portrait to arrive on the day of your choice.
About the photos you send
- I specialise in head/head and shoulders portraits so head shots are better for me to work from than full body photos.
- Natural daylight is best.
- Make sure photos are in focus!
- It helps if the photos are large enough to show a decent amount of detail when zoomed in, particularly around the eyes.
Returns and Refunds
Some recent examples of my work
“Oh absolutely beautiful!! It has just arrived. You couldn’t have created a better – true to life picture of Lily!! So lovely!!”