Okay I was going to start writing a weekly blogpost of a Friday, informing you of all the Things That I Have Done, like anyone cares. But hey! Lucky for you, I’ve done b*gger all this week, just for a change. Not even anything remotely interesting. I was thinking earlier that I should probably try moving off the chair I have been sitting on for the last 48 hours and look away from the screen as my eyeballs are starting to fuse to it.
So, let’s see. I had a few days off work at the weekend, which was excellent. Again, I did nothing. But doing nothing on your days off is OK, right?
Oh, wait – on Saturday I got itchy feet so went for a drive up to Stanage with the intention of going for a walk. However, it absolutely tipped it down with rain so I sat in the car with the window rolled down and drew for a bit. I saw curlews in flight and heard a sheep go baaa in it’s sleep. I then drove over to Hathersage and back, by which time the rain had eased off so went for a little walk over the moor. Someone had carved their initials into one of my favourite places which made me really sad, so I tried to uncarve it off, grr. Walked back through the woods, which haven’t been managed for the last 50 years, and now the council is trying to make up for it by clearing massive swathes of it. The result is sort of like a cross between Narnia and Glastonbury.
|Snoring Sheep, before she fell asleep|
We both had Monday off too, so we went to the cinema 3 times, THREE. We have these unlimited passes which means we can go to the cinema an UNLIMITED number of times (see what they did there) and *only* (ahem) pay £15 a month or something, which is great except if you only go three times in one day every 6 months (and you have to pay extra to see stuff in 3D as well, which is sort of cheeky), but anyway.
Oh, look so I did do something vaguely interesting. I don’t remember much about the films though, but let’s have a go:
- Green Lantern – Ryan Reynolds aka Maverick from Top Gun gets picked by a green blob of light to become an intergalactic spaceman who has the power to make anything from willpower, as long as it’s green.
- X-Men First Class – James McAvoy putting on a weird voice and touching his temples a lot. Explosions.
- Nandos – we had the chicken
- Pirates of the Caribbean 3?4? Who cares – Jack Sparrow, check. Some sort of quest for treasure, check. Lovejoy, check.
|On the way to the cinema|
- We went out for a lovely meal with my Dad for his beeday one night. Noms
- I’ve started using Pinterest (click over there to follow me —–>)
- I went to work, I rode on a bus, I listened to some Bright Eyes and some They Might Be Giants off of the 90s
- I put *thumbs* on the bottom of my blog posts, look!
- I noticed that the back of my shoes look like a surprised sloth:
|<I still have this photo somewhere, let me know if you want to view it>|
|A bit more wrecking just for funs|
Aaand that’s my week. What did you get up to? Anything nice?